Hypnotism & Hypnotherapy, Hampshire - Mr David Reid
Hypnosis for Childbirth
All to often, the process of childbirth is simply seen as a necessary ordeal if you want a baby – it doesn’t have to be that way!
Labour and birth can be one of the most wonderful experiences of your life, and my aim is to enable you to make this happen.
“Hypnosis for Childbirth” uses self-hypnosis, relaxation, vizualisation and breathing methods to help you prepare mind and body for birth.
It teaches pain management skills, and aims to boost confidence so you manage, rather than fear, childbirth.
It’s about reaching a state of deep relaxation, maintaining a perception of control over the process and developing a positive attitude.
And it’s about changing the expectation of birth. If women expect to be in agony, they’re likely to experience it.
Hypnosis for Childbirth mothers go into labour feeling calm and confident.
Benefits of the “Hypnosis for Childbirth” method.
- Lessen the behavioural signs of pain
- Promote steady recovery
- Make possible complete control of uterine contractions
- Shorten the period of labour by reducing anxiety during each stage
- Calmer, more laid-back baby
- Foster and increase positive emotions during the entire birth process
- Reduce the need for medications and chemo-anaesthesia, thereby preparing the mind and body for childbirth
- Eliminate or significantly reduce the need for medication; thereby eliminating its risks and post-delivery effects for both mother and child.
- Stimulate and maintain a strong energy level in to the post-delivery phase
- Ensures the creation of an experience which has positive memories attached
Starting in April 2010, I will be introducing a local “Breathing and Relaxation” introductory workshop for Expectant Mothers (and their partners if they want). There will be a small fee (depends on venue – as yet undecided), and this fee will be credited against the cost of the full course when you progress to it. I expect this to be popular, so please register your interest by email or phone as soon as possible. Ring 01256 704769 now to do this, or email DavidReid@missionhypnotism.com straight away.
Please get in contact for more information.
Mission Hypnotism, Catseye Cottage, West Street, Odiham, Hampshire, RG29 1NR